Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The All-NEW Pro Tools 11


Hello friends & Colleagues,

Let’s take a moment and talk about the all-new Pro Tools 11 software program.



When looking at the box it all still looks the same. After breaking it down and actually getting involved with my first major mix the realization is a smoother workflow and more user friendly. There was one new feature that I was not prepared for. I noticed after opening up the first session file my RTAS plugins would not work. This is of course why I decided to do some research. I didn’t have to search long before I read about the switch to the AAE from RTAS. I could see how this would be a good move but I’m not sure I understood why RTAS wasn’t at least available anymore for PT users.

Luckily I was able to make a few phone calls to get most of my plugins and processing switched over at no cost but what a hassle this has become. So now everybody knows that RTAS plugins will not work with Pro Tools 11. Must I also mention that not many companies except for Avid has updated or upgraded to the Avid Audio Engine (AAE).



Let’s talk about some other features of Pro Tools 11. The Track height has changed and much taller while offering RMS and other great meters without hiking through the list of plugins. I also noticed that we now bounce our sessions much faster then before when having to bounce a session out in real-time. The Pro Tools user, such as myself can bounce sessions off-line. All of these features are a great and added benefit to the Pro Tools user. I can’t wait to get some AAE plugins…

For those of you not familiar with the previous version of Pro Tools click here: Pro Tools 10

I understand that we are all still in the early phases of more incredible and much faster machines for recording. I have to stay optimistic and keep motivated as technology grabs us out of our seat. I hope everyone enjoys there new Pro Tools version. Please let’s keep this conversation moving. I would love to hear what you think about PT 11. “What ‘DAW’ (Digital Audio Workstation) do you use”

Rock On, Joshua Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment